Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blackberry picking/Apple and Blackberry crumble pie


All the blackberries have nearly ripened and there is plenty growing in my area. You find them growing everywhere.
Mulins Hill, where I walk the dogs a fair bit had loads growing. I was always walking by them on walks so decided to go up and pick some!
So Jesse and I went up and went Blackberry picking, as you do!
I love Mulins so much. When I'm up there I feel as if I am somewhere no where near home. They're are great views from it too.
Success!

I decided to make a Apple and Blackberry crumble pie. I made shortcrust pastry myself. I had never done it before and it turned out real well.
I also made crumble and my god it was my favorite bit. It had porridge oats in it so it was really crunchy! Also and lots of cinnamon! Yum yum yum. Will be making again.
I thinly slices cooking apples and layered them up with sugar and blackberries in between the layers.

2 comments:

Catherine Ryan said...

Great photos! And a lovely looking pie.

Velovegan said...

God that pie looks amazing!