Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back Baking!

So I'm off for summer now so this means I have time to bake. yayy.
I am going to fill you in with all my recent culinary encounters!

The first things I made were Banana cake cupcakes

Will be making again!

Yesterday I was going to Rachel's bday party all the way in Nass. I offered to make her a bday cake and to make her lots of cupcakes as her present.
She wanted me to make her a double layered brownie cake. With icing in top and in the middle. I had originally attempted to write Happy Birthday with m&ms, but that failed so I just covered it in m&ms. I had to use normal sugar to make this opposed to a finer caster sugar. So it made it extremely chewy and lovely because the sugar like crystallizes and shit.


I also made Raspberry cupcakes with raspberry icing and White choc chips on top and some with just blue icing.
The icing failed and didn't stay all thick so that sucked. I need to prefect icing making.
I did however get these sweet cupcake boxes in Kitchen compliments in town. Only 2 euro each!






This took me 4 hours, how I don't know. What's up diabetes? The amount of sugar used in the making of all this. I had to carry this all around town for an hour. My arms were like jelly. I wish I bumped into someone I know so I could feed them cupcakes.

what else.
Pizza hut wannabe italian pizza. Don't get it, it's shit and goes cold straight away cause its so thin.

Do however get this. A whopper cookie. Nommm. Also from Pizza Hut.
The counter, Dundrum. Eaten here a couple of times the past few weeks as an alternative to Nandos. Bit Meh. The vegi burger I am not that into but I love the restaurants ethics and structure. You are given a sheet and you tick off all the topping, sauces, cheese you want. I got the vegi burger in a form of a salad though. They do sweet potato chips which are amazing. And the best chocolate milkshake!
All their meat is sourced locally and is certified to be raised and killed humanly as well as being anti biotic and hormone free. I liked that a lot. If it is true, I don't know. Oh all their eggs are free range too.

Just a typical toastie.
I tried to make a curry the other night. No matter how hard I try to make a nice one that has loads of taste, I fail at it. I have now given up. I CAN'T MAKE CURRIES.



Toast with Chocolate spread and Marshmellow fluff. Oh so goood.


I have been loving corn on the cob so much recently. Homemade stuffing too. I love stuffing soooo much. Beast of a dinner I had one night.



I started a vegetable garden a few weeks back and it's going so well.

3 comments:

Roger said...

Are those marrowfat peas in the pic near the end? If they are- GTFO.

Sarah bean x said...

AMAZING CUPCAKES AND BROWNIE CAKE!!! Defo getting those boxes :)!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe I basically ate one whole box of cupcakes to myself.