Thursday, August 12, 2010

all sorts

Well first of all I got a baking dream. A freestanding mixer, I love it! I can make icing real well now with it. Saves a lot of time too. Why I didn't have one before, I do not know.



I went to town with my Mum and Sister on Tuesday to get some Lunch. We were going to go to Govindas, a Vegetarian Indian restaurant but we got lazy and stayed southside. So we went to Fresh, A vegetarian restaurant in Powerscourt (http://www.cafe-fresh.com/) . I had eaten there a couple years ago and I remember it being really good.
They had a delish looking Potato and Carrot curry that my Mum and Sister got.

I tried some and it was lovely! The rice that came with it was so good and fluffy. I went up and asked the chef what it was. He told me it was short grain brown rice, So I will be getting some of that. He was a really nice Indian chef. Indians are the masters of curry so of course the curry was delish.
I was way to hot at the time for curry so I got a falafel wrap thing. I was so indecisive in what to get. I should of gotten something different than falafel because I always have falafel. It was disappointing. Was not into. I couldn't tell the falafel from the hummus. Ah well. Next time something different. Came with 2 salads too.

They has real nice desserts too. Vegan cakes and the likes but I was way to stuffed!

I met Rachel after and got shakes and we sat in Trinity. I went for the buttons one avec Peanut butter. It was GOOOD!Love peanut butter. Toast with raspberry jam and Peanut butter never fails.
Trinity buildings are extremely nice and Trinity hangouts are also nice. I wish my college had grass to chill on.


And because peanut butter is the best, I made Peanut butter cookies for a Picnic on Bray head. I made half of them just plain cookies but added peanut butter to the rest of the cookie dough. I'd love to know how to make REEEEALY good cookies. Like chewy, fudgey ones instead of cakey type ones.


A few weeks back I baked for a Disney movie marathon Jesse, Susan, Ruth and I had.
I made raspberry and white chocolate Brownies and just raspberry cupcakes as per usual.
Jesse bought sugar letters so she could write rude things on the cupcakes haha.



It's true :)

Just some avoca salad apreesh. If I could make shit like this I'd be very happy. The cookbook lies, I'm telling you. They have secret ingredients!


Lemon cupcakes!
Lemon cake with some failure icing.

Homemade pizza!

Fun cupcakes! I always wanted to put mini smarties on cupcakes. More failure icing too.

3 comments:

Catherine Ryan said...

Hanna, your cooking and photos are very impressive.
I think I might try the burgers. Yummy.
It's great to see your vegetable garden. We have lots this year too.

Catherine Ryan said...

And I love the sliding cake. You could market it with a name like that.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/rabota/1626-skolko-let-nuzhno-potratit-na-angliyskiy.html ]В сентябре в Тайланд как погодка ??? [/url]
Вообшем за 3 года отношений с парнем я заметила одну очень не понятную тенденцию. Может естесственно это совпадения, но их слишком уж огромное колличесво... Рассклад такой: когда у нас гармония, и любовь морковь, у молодого человека напряг с работай. Только нам стоит поругаться незамедлительно где то что то подвернёться и молодой человек опять на коне всмысле при деньгах. Когда опять сходимся (всегда по его инициативе) молодого человека низачто сокращают и опять без работы. Мы опять ссоримся, вовсе не из за денег... и когда мы находимся физически на расстояние друг от друга то просто чудом он находит или же его находят и работы хоть завались.... В очередной раз мы опять сходимся поскольку друг без друга не можем, и только мне стоит с ним побыть недельку как его кидают на деньги, при чем не по его вине, при очень непонятных жизненных обстоятельствах. Это канитель продолжается 3 года, сначала не замечала и не провела связь, а сейчас просто наблюдаю и анализирую события и поражаюсь! У меня есть очень неплохая стабильная работа, я со всем справляюсь сама, дефект денег у молодого человека меня беспокоит только тогда когда он начинает из за этого стресовать, я ему помагаю в тяжелых положениях, при всем при этом он мне никогда не садиться на шею, буквально каждый день ищет работу. Но находит только когда я физически нахожусь от него далеко и мы в ссоре. Очень странно. Но ужасней всего когда у него опять начинаются трудности именно во время нашего с ним примирения. Как одно с другим связанно, не возьму в толк.... у кого то была подобная история?