Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cornucopia Whole food vegetarian restaurant take 2!


I went on a little adventure into Town yesterday with my Mom. There are a lot of areas she isn't really aware of or just hasn't been to in years. We had intentions of doing a lot more exploring but it started to rain.
I firstly brought her on my daily route to college. Across the bridge from tara, up Eden Quay and then up marlbouragh st. I promised her she would see a million pikeys because I'm always telling her about them always been on that street. But of course there was not ONE! Typical. I showed her my college anyway.
We did a bit more exploring and then for lunch. We went to Cornucopia on Wicklow st. I have only been there once before, with her.(http://walkingdogsandwritingblogs.blogspot.com/2010/07/cornucopia-whole-food-vegetarian.html) I need to go more but don't having friends who are up for eating pricey vegetarian food over something cheap is hard to come by.

I don't have great photos of our meal on me right now. I didn't have my digital camera with me, only my film one. I took some photos on my phone though.
I went with the Sweet potato, celeriac and spinach ragout with organic brown rice.
side salads-Garlic potatoes with roasted hazelnuts and a barley salad.

My mom got a Tomato, mushroom and puy lentil soup. She got a herby bread that came with a butternut squash and almond puree/pate thing. She also got a side of ceasar salad and some other simple salad.

The food here is so flavorsome and tasty. So many flavors going on at once. I wish I could cook food like this. The food served here is a fine example of how vegetarian/vegan food isn't bland and boring, as some people may think. I always get asked 'what the hell can/do you eat?'.
I was way to full to get a dessert. I took a fair bit of my meal to take a way. You get very large portions.
This all cost around 20 euro. Not to bad. Well not bad when you're mom is paying :D.

I think I am going to The Happy Pear in Greystones on Friday for the 2nd time. I will report back.

5 comments:

Velovegan said...

Hi there!! I saw you were following me so decided to follow you! :) Great to meet another veggie/vegan in Dublin.

Cornucopia is excellent isn't it? Sometimes a little pricey and hard to find a seat, but so cosy and welcoming, and if you get a salad it's really good value.

Your college lunch boxes look amazing! I must get hold of the Blazing Salads cookbook sometime soon, I've been meaning to for ages! I have the cornucopia one :)

Also, what kind of dog do you have? xxx

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the follow and the feedback. Your blog has dogs and food in it so that's a thumbs up from me!

My dog is a bit of a mutt. Mainly jack russel I'd say. Her name is Lola! http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf36gpeFPF1qby8xmo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1296217108&Signature=hRtigzUKWQABZJLl1eBg9BzsxxY%3D
That's her in the top picture and the dog on the bottom is Bella, I just walk her for a neighbour.

Velovegan said...

Heeee ^_^
What a cute little face she has!!

I've only had Gerry since October and since I got him my blog has mainly been about him... if you look before then I was SO into blogging about my food, then Gerry came along and I got all lazy about it! Really need a kick up the butt to start posting more regularly like I used to, taking nice photos and spending more time in the kitchen!

Must have a trawl back through your posts :)

All about... (vegan) food said...

Cornucopia is the best place in Dublin! Anytime you want to go there, just call me :)

Unknown said...

Yuss! Will do :)